Meditation Techniques

There are many forms of meditation, from visualization to different breathing techniques to focusing on the idea of a void or nothing.

What is a good meditation regimen for beginners (who have already taken @Brian's course) who wish to seriously pursue mind expansion?

How do you stay in a good meditative state for say, about an hour? Do you work towards that slowly?

Comments

• Eye want to get out.

There was a dream in which there was a drawing of an eye. The person who was drawing the eye (it was a bad drawing) kept screaming "get me out! Get me out, please!!!" to the eye.
  • It was quite surreal but at the same time very lucid and very desperate.

• Concentrate on the breath. When the breath disappears and you enter the death state, you are making progress.

• Been there, suddenly a the body starts vibrating like feeling with nrg
  • @OskrZS been to the vibrating once
    It's nice
    And the ringing
    Let's get out of here together people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2018
    @Brian

David, I take a vow to get out of here. Goddammit.
    God fucking damnit. More swear words needed.

Swear swear swear.

Need to say the word "I" here. The Bodhicaryāvatāra says you need to take a vow to get out.
  • You dont feel the breathing anymore, first time it took 4 hrs, then had this epiphany after a psychic impression, vibrating the full body.
  • edited January 2018
    What after that? ????:0 thanks teacher.
  • Reiki is a compromise, very serious one.
  • edited January 2018
    The jhanas are mastered. The mind expands and wisdom is developed. It's not rocket science.

• Is that death state, jhana, teacher?
  • No. The death state lies beyond the Jhanas.
  • What are the benefits of that state, never heard of it, teacher?. Thank you really. And forgive me about the last days stuff, I know you know.

• Glad you are back into this, luna.

• For slobs, everything - even meditation becomes an exercise in self-pleasure. Everything is a riddle.

• Chasing a Beam of Light: Einstein's Most Famous Thought Experiment. 

Einstein recalled how, at the age of 16, he imagined chasing after a beam of light and that the thought experiment had played a memorable role in his development of special relativity.

• Mademoisele LUNA, would YOU marry me? - i wish canadian visa... - &, i love YOU
  • Mademoisele LUNA, i love YOU - as part of this TEAM ' - i didn't joke...
    ...but, the first part... i kinda tryed to make a "bad stand-up"...
    (but, still, would YOU marry me? - i'm ugly as hell, by the way...)
    i'm sorry, i'm "on a trip", but... i forgot my idea...
  • Ferz, ferz, you are very drunk right now!

• In our lineage the fifth precept is usually read this way: “A disciple of the Buddha does not intoxicate mind or body of self or others.” This broadens the precept to refer not only to what we usually think of as intoxication (intoxication of body) but also to mental intoxication, that is, intoxication with doctrines or enthusiasms of any sort, and it includes trying to intoxicate others with these things. So it’s often understood to be a cautionary precept for Zen students and especially for teachers: do not intoxicate yourself or others with your practice or your teachings, drawing others into your orbit in a cult-like manner.

• Osho was a cultist.
  • LEFTIUS, i falled-asleep & 've just woke up - GOD, what have i done?...