Biblical Proportions

edited January 2016 in Meditation
Who has sat down and actually read 'The Bible', from beginning to end, and really tried to objectively understand what is says?

My 2nd step-father, after meeting my mother, converted to SDA and from that time on...he made a point to sit down and read it from end to end. When he would get to the end, he would start at the beginning again. How many times he ended up reading it, before his passing, I do not know. I know it was a t least 2 times in the 3 years they were married.

As much as I have so called read this book, I honestly can not say I have done such a thing...

It would be an interesting exercise to incorporate it as part of a nightly mediation. Take a chapter, set aside all per-concepts (or as much as possible), read it, read it again if necessary and then meditate upon it.

Comments

• Never done this myself, but Brian has always insisted upon how deep all Scriptures are!
    It was interesting, a few months back someone mentioned a passage from the last book of the New Testament, the book of Revelation mentions that 144000 people would get into heaven. It was interesting, I read that passage as a child because I was into reading much of the Bible at around the age of nine. Particularly the Old Testament. However, if you mention that passage to anyone in the street, they most likely won't know what the hell you're talking about.

That means, at least from the people that have studied with Brian or are as strange as we are and into odd things, we have all at least looked into Scripture. Now what can be extrapolated from this conjecture?
  • BREEMABORG & LUNA ... "forget about it" LOVE YO
  • Jeff Turner Glam youtube
  • To an expanded mind, even a grain of sand holds the key to all eternal mysteries. 
  • edited January 2016

584 The Biblical Temple Is The Brain - You Tube
    Still listening to the above. Just found this guys videos. It may to be much for my small mind.

• edited January 2016
    One of the comments made under the above video (584) a woman called Linda says: "Marijuana rolls the stone away.  Want to get stoned?  The oil of gladness, Marijuana.  Anoint thine eyes with oil...Marijuana, The burning bush...Marijuana.  Follow the pillar of smoke, holy smoke.  ARRON'S ROD BUDDED....THIS BUDS FOR YOU.  Christ is creosote = tar = hash= alter of incense MOST HOLY!= COAL ON THE ALTER...ANOINT MY LIPS WITH THE COAL!    Manna, potted manna = POT!  YOU CANNOT ENTER THE VAULT OF THE MIND WITHOUT THE KEY = MARIJUANA!  "BEHOLD, I SHOW YOU A PLANT OF RENOWNED!"  THE HOLY SPIRIT.......MARIJUANA.  THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE........FALSELY CALLED EVIL!  TO CHEAT US FROM COMMUNION WITH OUR HIGHER SELF!  JESUS WAS MURDERED BECAUSE OF SACK CLOTH AND ASHES...SMOKING MARIJUANA, THE FISH...A JOINT ROLLED IN LEAF....DAY OF PENTECOST THEY ALL SMOKED FOR FIRST DAY OF HARVEST....TONGUES OF FIRE, MIGHTY RUSHING WIND..INHALING OF ALL IN THE UPPER ROOM AT THE SAME TIME...ALL OF ONE ACCORD!   THERE IS MUCH MORE, ONCE YOU HAVE THE KEY TO THE KINGDOM OF YOUR MIND…MARIJUANA! - END

Has Brian ever smoked Marijuana?
  • Who cares?
    He's strictly spoken against drugs and alcohol in the past. In the very recent past, at that.
  • I wasn't accusing just asking. I have not read everything BS posts. Marijuana should not be banned.
  • edited January 2016
    Hehehe Peter... let's do this. Let's ask.

Muahahahaha I have no shame.
    @Brian. Yes, hello, annoying short female here! Yes, we were discussing your thoughts on marijuana and if you've tried it in this life. Actually, Peter was. I'm just crazy enough to ask you as close to in your face as it gets through the internet!
    So, have you, like, smoked it? Like, have you?
  • Also, it does have many good and medicinal properties, that's true.
  • Didn't I just ask him?
  • Yes, you did. I'm sorry. *droops head*
  • Gnostic false equivalence is willful ignorance. Definitely appeals to junkies and mental masturbators. A small mind is just small enough to enjoy the light of its own illumination. No need to feel guilty about our addictions and the need to concoct stories to justify them.

• Everyone loves justifying themselves: self-righteousness and the little ego being hurt.
  • Though I do like the smell of coffee, I never understood what all the fuss was about coffee and chocolate. They only taste good if you add sweeteners and/or dairy. A small amount of coffee can help me get through a few bad migraines. When I say small...I am taking a few ounces. Otherwise, I don't like it.

Never understood why anyone would want to inhale any kind of smoke either, even from a beneficial plant. Sometimes I burn a bit of incense or sage...but I am not toking it and I burn tiny amounts becasue too much bothers my sinuses.

It seems their addictive quality appear to sets in when they have been altered and modified from their natural state. Kind of like our minds...
  • Everything is actually a metaphor for something else. Gnostics fail because they only come up with ONE answer. The ONE that was either deliberately planted by the Gnostics themselves or some other random one based upon their own limited programming and conditioning.

• Insight in the wrong hands becomes an unlimited spectrum of inappropriate approximation.
  • Coffee and chocolate are addictive! Personally, some days, I get little sleep and can't function without a large cup of coffee at some point. And I'm in love with dark chocolate, 75% or darker, nothing light, tastes disgusting.

Some types of chocolate are specifically created with the sole purpose of being consumed with coffee. Last summer, my boyfriend and I drove up to Banff and entered the most famous candy store in the town. Obviously, we were going to pig out on very generic and old candy! However, I found a bit of 99% dark chocolate and, as a chocolate aficionado, I purchased it. There was a little label with instructions on how to consume it, very delicate product. Can't put too much on your tongue at once: I made that mistake and it was like I burned my tongue. Couldn't taste anything for a good while. Rather, everything just tasted burnt. The label instructed consuming VERY SMALL amounts with a good dark roast coffee.
  • I personally like black coffee, nothing in it. And, of course, a good roast. Sugar and milk somewhat taints the taste of the roast and won't let you appreciate it as much.
    Actually, people who hate black coffee tend to be super tasters: they have more taste receptors present on their tongues and can taste the bitterness of the coffee better. So Christa may have super tasting powers!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Pzhvypg9A

I personally loved vegetables as a child, safe peas. Which is strange in a child! But maybe it's just because other kids could taste things better.
  • All of my 'senses' have been labeled as 'super' at times. Seems too much gets expected from such labels.

• edited January 2016
    As for bitters. I consume many bitters in my greens. I can also handle strong flavors in my foods and many flavors it seem others do not like. Sometimes it is just a matter of switching the 'gag' reflex off in the mind. (Disassociate?)

I also like chocolate, but I don't have to have or need it to get energy to go about my day. I also prefer it in its natural raw state. It really does affect the body differently it seems when it is raw. Doesn't mess with my adrenals as much. And yes, in its pure form, it should be consumed in small amounts, because even things that can help the body, when overdone, can tip the balance in the wrong direction.

Basically, I can take it or leave it and a hot and cold shower works better anyway. Even when I was working the train and saw the all the crew going for their coffee, they couldn't figure out how I did not need the coffee to work, even with some of the 17 to 22 hour days I worked with little sleep. (They also couldn't figure how I knew how to make the best coffee on the train without drinking any of it myself.) Same thing when I took 17 units at college, while working full time and vulunteering part time at the animal shelter. Never needed the coffee. Bitters are good for cleansing the liver, and when combined with fats, is excellent for purging the gallbladder.

"Sensitivity' then is really a factor of one's mind set? Or lack thereof?

• BS, aren´t you one of the 144 000? I think you are...
  • Everything physical can be addictive for our organic body. The predisposition for such things is gigantic. Specific events in past lifes also predispose for addictions.
    Don´t drink alchool, just don´t like the taste. Don´t eat meat, liked a lot of the texture and taste but chose not to eat it anymore at a certain time. Probably wouldn´t like the feeling of eating it again. Does all this have any real significance? Probably not.