GNOSIS

edited March 2019 in General
“Gnosticism” is clearly a misnomer because, in essence, it is not knowing that one doesn't know.

This unfortunate affliction allows any half-wit to fancy himself a God. An attitude that perfectly agrees with the Communist ideal of embracing mediocrity and assuming that it is excellence.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

"Knowledge separates man from wisdom." - Brianstalin

“As understanding deepens, the further removed it becomes from knowledge.” - C.G. Jung

Comments

• Manichaeism taught an elaborate dualistic cosmology describing the struggle between a good, spiritual world of light, and an evil, material world of darkness. Through an ongoing process which takes place in human history, light is gradually removed from the world of matter and returned to the world of light whence it came. Its beliefs were based on local Mesopotamian gnostic and religious movements.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism

St. Augustine of Hippo was known to have followed Manachaeism.
  • Manichaeism also taught that the God of the Old Testament, YWHW, was not the true God, but an imposter.
  • Now, interesting comment about the flower of life and sacred geometry. Einstein is said to have adored Euclidean geometry as a child, and since he was truly such as wise man, as you so put it...
    What are your comments on sacred geometry?
  • Do you believe in Manichaeism? @luna
  • I don't know anything. How can I believe in anything if I don't know anything?
    No, we looked at it in my early medieval history class.
  • Faith, but faith on what?
  • What are you getting at, Oskr?
  • Nowhere, just answered your question.
  • If you love the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion.” - Lin Chi.